MEET THE GUEST:
Genia started young with amazing mentors and a strong mother with a vision. Now, she’s a mother to two sons, a midwife to many, and an activist with a mission to band together with families to joyfully pursue the good things in life. Genia’s a registered midwife, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, MSc in Evidence-Based Health Care (student), Speaker, Presenter, Podcast host, and founder of Good Things in Life which offers resources, courses and networking opportunities for a community of parents with a shared vision of the good things in life for their children with disabilities.
In this episode, we cover:
- Genia’s introduction into special needs advocacy + social role valorization
- Setting expectations and raising the bar for our differently-abled children
- Creating a vision for ourselves and our children, and redefining what’s possible
- Starting her organization to reach families of children with disabilities
- Dealing with grief and moving past the sadness to learn to embrace the good things in life
When asked for one piece of advice they’d give moms going through the grieving process of a new diagnosis, Genia says:
“Everything wonderful in life happens on the other side of that cry. So you’ve got to get past the grief. Cause there are great, wonderful things on the other side of grief. Everything great is on the other side of special, so it’s worth it to go there.”
Where To Connect with Genia Stephen Online:
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/351362831977895 (The Good Things In Life Facebook Group)
Connect with Mia Francis-Poulin!
- Find out how you can work with Mia at www.racreative.co
- Catch up with Mia on Instagram.
- Join the Mama, Build Your Empire Group on Facebook.